Thursday, September 21, 2006

I was so amazed...

I wrote an email to Representative Rangel. I have to give credit where it is due, even if to the opposition.

here it is:

To The Honorable Representative Charles Rangel,
Dear Representative Rangel,

I lived in New York City for many years, although never as a member of your district. I now live in XXXXXXXXXX, NY in VVVVVVVV county, again not a member of your district. Of course, being a New Yorker, I am pretty familiar with you from news reports. I will admit our politics are not often the same; yet I have to hand it to you for your statements today about Hugo Chavez attacking our president.

Despite the fact that you and president Bush do not often see eye to eye on political matters, it was extremely commendable how you stepped up, in such a fine outstanding show of patriotism, to defend president Bush against that attack. Today sir, you showed your true colors: red, white and blue, and I am proud to call you the HONORABLE Representative from harlem, IT WAS A TRULY NON-PARTISAN PIECE OF PATRIOTISM ON YOUR PART. From one loyal American to another, thank you sir.

If you are interested, I wrote a piece for my blog, about just this, today @ http://ballseyesboomers.blogspot.com/

No comments: