Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Turkey Tailed Fungus?

I am not sure what these are called, I think they are called Turkey Tailed Fungus. If that is their name, one can see why. I spotted these while on a walk in the woods on a deer scouting trip a couple of weeks ago. The surprising thing about them seems to be that the fungi have fungus or mold growing on them - the uneven whitish stuff on their surface. Click on the pic for a larger view.

All the best,