Saturday, July 19, 2008

Global Warming Slams Home In July...

...and man oh man is it warm outside. It's currently 89 degrees Fahrenheit, with 42% humididity - so it feels like its 91 degrees Fahrenheit. Can you imagine it feeling like 91 degrees in July! Maybe Al Gore was right, maybe we have doomed ourselves, oh nooooooooo.

Let me tell you, though it's hot, I have braved the heat. I've been out to the stores and the shopping is done, I took care of my animals and their cages, pen, and tanks are clean and they are well fed, I put a coat of polyurethane of the chest of drawers I'm refinishing, I've watered the flowers and the vegetable garden using watering cans (none of that wussy using a hose for me), I've pulled some weeds (though not too many because it really is warm), I took out the trash, and now I am waiting on the polyurethane to dry so I can hit the chest of drawers with another coat. What to do, oh what to do. Well I can get my animals ready for the herp show this evening at Gardiner Manor Park in Suffolk County, and and do have to get that done; but before I do it there is something else I need to accomplish.

What a better accomplishment than to make sure I survive this massive heat wave, this overwhelming spurt of global warming, this Curse of Gore. So I had better grab an icy cold beverage like a Hefe Weissbier, or a vodka spiked glass of lemonade, while there is still electricity coming in, allowing my fridge to run, making it possible for me to chill some beers, and to make some cubes to dip into my cocktails. Otherwise I might just start repeating the death knell of the Wicked Witch of the West: "I'm melting, I'm melting.....".

So what am I waiting for? Later for you....

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: