Friday, July 29, 2022

So There I Was Standing In Line Thinking...

 ...of the Hobbit when Bilbo Baggins was playing a perilous riddle game with Gollum and Bilbo told him he was the lucky number, in other words the 14th member of his party of the dwarves, Gandalf the wizard & himself. That's when I tried to remember how many Mega Millions games I had already played for tonight's drawing and when I decided 14 would be a good number. I thought I had already bought 9 games worth  broken down to 1 game on the first ticket, 3 on the next and 5 on the most recent before that thought. So, I bought another $10 worth - or another five games on a single ticket to equal 14 games in all.
 
When I got home and checked the previously bought tickets, I realized the number of games I had played in total, with the newest ticket included, was thirteen. I really am THAT guy! Oh well, never one to follow the norm, I always liked it when Friday The 13th rolled around; so maybe, just maybe - at least this one time - 13 will wind up being extremely lucky for me and one of those 13 games will have the winning numbers just right. That would be nice.
 
Of course the odds of me winning are as small as are the odds of you winning with all the winning  numbers in one game. That said, I can also say good luck to each and every one of us who bought a ticket in tonight's Mega Millions, myself included. To be honest to my readers, I must add, I hope my luck is at least a bit better than yours but if not then I hope it is equal to yours and it winds up we split the big pot evenly between two or a few of us.
 
All the best,
Glenn B

1 comment:

FeralFerret said...

Wasn't you. One jackpot winner in Illinois. Sorry.