Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Manly Manhood Achieved

Today, without any doubt (if ever there was any before) I entered the realm of true and utter Manly Men and acquired the state of Manly Manhood. No, I do not mean I had two babes at once been there, done that a few times. (You didn't really think I would admit to that here did you?) While that was (whoops) would have been nice, what I achieved today was painfully difficult to complete.

In my quest to become a truly Manly Man, my right hand's fingers actually were almost totally numbed at one point and I had to shake my hand vigorously to regain sensation. That is because I fired The Beast, my Ruger Redhawk 44 Magnum, for LEOSA qualification this evening. Fifty rounds of shooty goodness accompanied by 50 thumps of grueling agony - qualification achieved - while shooting 300 grain semi-jacketed flat points. I wanted to use the load that I will have in the Redhawk when on vacation in Alaska, in bear country, later this month. I simply refused to lower myself to shooting lighter loads or, what would have been more shameful yet, to use 44 Special ammo. Although I wore a fingerless glove on my right hand, it had little of the desired cushioning and pain preventative effect for which I had hoped. Although, at least my skin was not torn like it was the first time I fired The Beast and it sure made me look tacticool.

As I key this email, my longtime adversary Arthur I. Tiss is with me enjoying every moment of lingering pain and every snap, crackle and pop in each and every joint from my right fingers to my right shoulder and into my neck. What nerve this roguish bastard has had to try to ruin my pride and joy upon my initiation into the realm of manly men, that paradise of utter manliness - Manly Manhood! Not to say that this crippling cad has suceeded but next year I think I will seek to achieve pussified penisless pansy status by attempting to use my 22LR revolver for LEOSA qualification.
One is never to old to learn and tonight even I have learned a lesson. At my age, once is enough to achieve that Manly Manhood crap. Anyway, that should keep Arthur I. Tiss away next time around.

All the best, 
Glenn B

No comments: