Sunday, July 12, 2015

Which Guns To Bring To The Blogershoot - Decisions, Decisions, Decisions...

I have been going to the annual NE Bloggershoot for a few years now, I guess the fifth annual one was my first if I remember right. Brendan came to the fifth and the seventh with me (he missed the sixth in 2013) and we also attended a different one together down in West By God Virginia last fall. Before each Bloggershoot, it's been a chore deciding on which guns to bring. We don't have a pickup truck nor an SUV not even big cars. I drive  Toyota Corolla and him a Hyundai Elantra Touring Wagon; there is not much room in either for guns but we fit a fair number in whichever car we decide to drive. I prefer the Toyota because it has a closed off trunk, something the Elantra Touring does not have but this year the CD player in the Toyota is dead leaving us with yet another decision on which car to take. If all other things were to be considered equal, it will probably be the Hyundai for the CD player.

Anyway, we have yet to choose which guns and calibers of ammo to lug along. We almost certainly will bring along my Remington R1 1911, the Taurus PT-145 Millennium Pro (both 45s) and my Glock 26 (my primary carry on most days). I am also fairly sure that we'll bring the Savage Axis in 308 and the Stevens 320 12 gauge especially since Brendan has not yet shot either. After that - who knows but that does leave room for at least a couple to few more pistols and maybe another long gun or two. As to pistols, maybe we can bring one of the Beretta 92 series pistols of the three I own, or the Ortgies 32, or one of my pistols in 22LR (I most definitely have enough ammo for them). Thinking about rifles, the Marlin 336 comes to mind as does the Marlin 25MN and the Yugo SKS but space is tight for additional long arms beyond one more than the two already mentioned. Decisions, decisions, decisions...

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: