Saturday, May 21, 2011

Judgement Day - We Were Safe, But Oh-Oh...

...a Volcano Is Erupting in Iceland. Granted, this is Iceland's most active volcano but if anything else starts happening along the lines of eruptions or earthquakes, I will not be easy for the rest of the night. Nah, I really don't believe in all this end of the world stuff but then again I do not really believe in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, or the Great Pumpkin. Yet, every year those three bring me goodies at certain special times. While I am certainly not religious and do not believe in some wonderfully munificent or maybe wrathful omnipotent being - Mother Nature, or The Force or maybe even God Almighty has always taken good care of me and has been pretty nasty toward some others. What I am trying to say is that I am not taking chances. So, I will be checking the media all night tonight to see if anything else like that upstart of a volcano is acting up. If so, I may just find myself on my knees and praying; I like to cover all the possibilities and to stay prepared for just about anything.

Other than that, I have been a bit more busy than usual today for a Saturday. I have been cleaning my basement up a bit in anticipation of a future. I mean, why make it look good for the end of days! That would be really silly.

Getting back to that volcano erupting, I would be willing to bet that some of the holier than thou types who predicted this would be Judgement Day just about got so overjoyed that they probably peed themselves when and if they heard the news. People are weird and holy people are just about the weirdest, right up there with some scientists and politicians.

Later for you,
Glenn B

No comments: