Tuesday, February 8, 2011

9mm Ammo - Good Price Alert

Military Shooters has some pretty good prices on two brands of 9mm, 124 grain, brass cased, reloadable (so I am assuming both brands are boxer primed although it only says so for the Swiss stuff) FMJ ammo. They have two types available at right around a hundred bucks for 500 rounds:

Fiocchi @ $109.99

and

Geco @ $94.49

I was about to order the Geco, then I saw the ad for the Fiocchi said: "This 124gr FMJ 9mm ammunition is mfg by Fiocchi USA in Missouri." Again I am about to assume something, that they mean Missouri, USA. So I paid the extra $15.50 for it (well actually the extra $31.00 plus a bit more for shipping because I ordered a thousand rounds not 500). I figure the added expense is worth it if it helps keep some jobs here in the U.S. of A.


If you want either, I would hurry. They only had 7 lots (of 500 rounds per lot) of the Fiocchi and the Geco was also limited, I think they had 19 lots. Now that I think of it, maybe I should have ordered 500 rounds of each, instead of 1,000 of the Fiocchi, and I could have saved some cash and had a variety. Wow, an extra thirty bucks, I could have bought a case of beer - a really good case of bier - for that money. Heck, what am I thinking??? I just said it was better to buy the made in the USA stuff - didn't I! Sometimes I wonder about myself. Oh well, I'll survive. Anyway, it was just better to have ordered something made here, even if by a foreign owned company, because as I said, it helps keep jobs here.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: