Wednesday, July 8, 2026

1970s Music - Frank Zappa

I saw Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention 4 times,, always in NYC. That was at two concerts at the Palladium and two at the Felt Forum in Madison Square Garden and always on the night before Halloween. He and the Mothers of Invention were absolutely1970s fantastic. His songs usually told a story, for example Mudshark (the complete medley including Happy Together).

Turn up the volume and enjoy. By the way, this song is not for snowflakes of any ilk. If you are easily offended by weird raunchy sexual innuendo descriptive language, listen to it at the peril of you melting down. I readily admit, this is one of my favorite Zappa songs.
 

 

All the best, 
Glenn B

1 comment:

taminator013 said...

Back in 1968 when I was 14 years old, I used to listen to a local AM station, WMCK, that had a deejay who would play a lot of local bands along with oldies and obscurities. A song that I loved was called "I'm Not Satisfied" by The Mothers of Invention. I ran out to the local 5&10 store where they had a somewhat decent record section and found a Mother's album called "Freakout" which had the song on it. Took it home and played it and was like WTF? Same lyrics, but completely different version. Called the radio station and talked to the the deejay Terry Lee. He told me that the version that he played was from the album "Cruising With Ruben and the Jets". Took a while to get the store to order it in for me. In the meantime I listened to "Freakout" and was mesmerized with pretty much the entire album. Been a Mothers fan ever since.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaHApUaDS0E