I have never had much negativev to say about president Trump except maybe that I think he should speak along the lines of being more presidential instead of him using speech more resembling the trash talk I believe is a characteristic of Dan Bongino when he crtisizes those he opposes. one other thing, and it goes hand in hand with what I justbsaid, is I think President Trump sometimes reacts, to his disdatisfaction with people, more like a Democrat (aka: a spoiled rotten child) than like a well mannered conservative man.
Today though things are different. I am absolutely befuddled as to why he has reportedly ousted Kristi Noem from DHS and moved her to another probably less critical position. I worked my entire career in federal law enforcement, always within agencies the main duties of which were the protection of the borders of the USA and mostly
enforcement of Immigration and Custom's laws. My career spanned just over 32 years. In all that time, I never saw a Department head more competent, or even equal, to Kristi Noem - in any department within the US government. She was competent in as much as she knew the law more than well enough to do the job, was extremely well spoken, stayed cool under pressure, was absolutely firm in her resolve to keep our borders secure while also keeping all of our nation secure internally as well, was and remains a true patriot and was extremely loyal to President Trump but also, and much more importantly than loyalty to the president, she was loyal to the United States of America. Butvshe pissed off Trump recently in testimony to Congress over something if true that was probably at most an embarassment to the president andvas is too often the case, in my opinion, he had an overly emotional reaction on an interpersonal and out she went. For Trump to have done to her what Democrats have been trying to do to her (and in essence to him) by ousting her is a shameful disgrace in my estimation. I think, it highlights one of his true weaknesses, his vengeful over reacting to what I believe he wrongly takes as as disloyalty.
I strongly believe, he should be apologizing to her and begging her to return to her position as number 1 at DHS. His replacement has little to no experience to qualify him for the position from ehat I have read about him but honestly I need to do morev research on that. Instead of disposing of her as if her outstanding level of competence and loyalty could easily be bested or even matched, he and the country would have been betterboff, in my opunion, had hevshown her half as much loyalty as she gave to him. Instead of firing her, he should have awarded her with the highest of acolades and the greatest of honors. Presudent Trump's knee jerk reaction is something I would have expected of president Biden had he found someone in his administration who was even half as competent as was Kristi Noem when it came to the protection of our borders, the protection of our legal resident aliens, enforcement of our laws and her loyalty to the president and as I said above more importantly her loyalty to the USA.
All the best,
Glenn B
3 comments:
Once again R's at all levels are working hard to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. With the change you can expect to see deportations stop and so call bi-partisan call for a path to citizenship.
Noem was a chip to be used in negotiations. The socialists wanted her gone. They painted a target on her then sent flaming arrows.
Trump is a master negotiator. What looks like sleight of hand is his outwitting everyone else, including foreign politicians.
The U.S. Congress is recalcitrant. I cannot say enough bad about Congress. That plus the damn judges continually usurping executive powers.
So, Trump gave something (removing Noem) to get a lot. Politics demands compromise with the domestic enemy.
Notice that Nowm is not out, only reassigned. Her new seat is in a new department. That new department is vital to Trump's power play of realigning the Western hemisphere. Noem's new position is not akin to backroom mail clerk.
Noem was effective at targeting the socialist's voters and welfare cheats. I think like every woman trying to assert herself as would a man, she tried too hard. (the same when a man pretends to be a woman, he comes off as a grotesque form of hyper feminine.)
So, Noem rubbed on people. Rubbed too many people too often. She was a good fit at DHS until she wasn't.
Whether she was fully onboard MAGA, I don't know. But the optics became off. Or, more probable, the noise from the enemy became too great. Placation was needed. But they are crybabies, satisfied only for the time being.
Post a Comment