Sunday, January 14, 2024

While I Am THE Great Procrastinator - I Do Somethings Pretty Fast

So there I was, on Sunday December 31 (New Year's eve) stating that I was making a New Year resolution to not purchase one gun, one box of ammo and such during the upcoming new year. Then, just last weekend on Sunday when at a gun show in Texarkana, AR, I purchased a brand new Ruger Mark IV pistol. Got it at a better in my hands price than I saw on Ammoseek.com. So my resolution has gone down the crapper in only seven days! going down the crapper is as have 99.9 % of my other ones in the past. Oh well, there is always next year.

All the best,
Glenn B
 

3 comments:

Justin_O_Guy said...

I've had a ruger 22/45 for years. IDK if they have changed anything about how they strip, but it's kinda persnickety.. And I mess with it, get it figured out, and then leave it alone and forget,,
You are going to smile every time you look at the reward for failing to keep your resolution.. If you would have sworn off of cake, it would not work like that.

riverrider said...

like i said, your resolutions must be realistic and attainable. but darn, you didn't even hold out for a door buster deal, lol. i can't resist a door buster myself, even if i wasn't looking for that gun. i resolved to not get any more ar's, but a buddy gifted me a complete lower. it might be offensive not to complete it? oh well, have a mlk day resolution not to buy any MORE. don't buy any less either.

Glenn B said...

For a new gun, I got a darned good price at a gun show. Less than any gun I'd buy from a dealer on ammoseek, and that is not even considering tax and shipping an online dealer would charge for the same exact model, another $20.00 off because I was a vendor, and as I implied above no shipping and tax was included in the price where it would have been added to the price had I bought it online. That is door buster price enough for me, I did not even haggle one tiny bit.

And yes, it does make me smile whereas looking at my bigger belly would have made me sad if I had switched off of cake and then broken my resolve and pigged out on it.