Friday, June 30, 2023

A Little Late Morning , Early Summer, Enjoyment

 
 For all these years, up through a moment ago, I had thought it was Mongo Jerry and my eyes have finally been opened to see it was Mungo Jerry all this time! 


 

 

 

I'd just about swear I saw Santana perform in Central Park NYC in the 70s at an ice skating rink on the east side of the park. It was an essentially unannounced concert until the last minute. Thing is, we may have gotten there and the show maybe was cancelled. Damned if I can recall for sure, for some reason memories of what went on that day are foggy at best.


 
 
  
 
 
 
 
  
 
 
 
 How high was he when he performed this version!!! If he was not on drugs, as some have told me he did not use, he had amazing stamina.



 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 
  
 
 
  
 
  
 
 
 
Sadly for me, I have only seen six of these groups live and there is no way to see many of them ever again. At least we can listen to them though and find enjoyment in what music they gave us. The ones I saw in concert are: The Grateful Dead (must have seen them 12 to 15 times or so), Marshal Tucker Band (a couple or few times), Hot Tuna (two or three times), Jefferson Airplane (twice), The Rolling Stones (once), Black Sabbath (once and I was very happy to have my son with me during their final tour). As I said above, maybe Santana was number 7!

All the best, 
Glenn B

3 comments:

FeralFerret said...

Great batch of music.

That is a rather young Ted Nugent on "Journey To The Center Of The Mind".

JROCBABY said...

we saw the marshal tucker band together as well! -BBB

Glenn B said...

Yes we did see the Marshal Tucker Band together, when they were with Charlie Daniels in Westbury. Was it twice or just twice for Charlie Daniels, who maybe had Alison Kraus and Union Station the other time, or were they with Willie. Oh my little gray cells are muddled as usual and arw uncertain which.