Saturday, October 24, 2020

No Car For The Weekend...

The car is in the body shop. It was supposed to be ready to pick up on Friday but they found more damage under the bumper cover once removed and that means it should be ready on Monday. If that was not bad enough my right hip has been killing me. No car means no taking the mongrel to the dog park, which also means I have to take her for long enough walks regardless of hip pain. Add to that, I only have Alleve, Aspirin, Ibuprofen and Tramadol for pan killers reducers (they hardly ever work to actually kill the pain, they just lessen it most days) and it's been a bit of a tough one so far. Aspirin & Tramadol trump the either of the other two OTC drugs & Tramdol. Add to that insomnia - caused for whatever reason by the Tramadol (I don't quite get how an opioid causes insomnia but it does for me) and the the weekend is looking to be fatiguing. Of course, there is always booze but I want to be careful mixing that and Tramadol. 

One thing about the Tramadol, if I take it and endure a sleepless or almost sleepless night, I must admit that the next day I feel almost as if I slept very well the night before. It certainly relaxes me, at least when it reduces most of the pain or actually gets rid of it all, and I think somehow convinces my body I slept well. I'd not like to have insomnia for three or fours nights in a row to find out if that would remain true over the course of a few days. 

 I did discover, that if I can wait to take it right before I go to bed and if I am extremely tired right then, I will fall asleep before it kicks in. I'll then get about 3 or 4 to 5 hours of sleep depending on when I have to get up to pee. Then, no sleep after that, just laying there in my bed relaxed but wide awake. If I take it when just ready for bed but not exhausted, it keeps me awake most of the night. Oh well, things could be much worse so what the heck, I'll enjoy the weekend as much as possible. Seeing a pain management doc on Tuesday, maybe he will give me some real pain killers.

All the best,
GB


No comments: