Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Happy St. Patrick's Day -The Aroma Of Cooking Corned Beef Fills The Air...

...in my apartment and I can almost taste it now. I cooked corned beef, cabbage, parsnips and white turnips for dinner on Friday when Brendan came to visit for the weekend. It was delicious. I had another in reserve and bought another last night when I went shopping. What can I say - I love corned beef and you just do not see it in the Texarkana area, from what I have seen, other than around St. Patrick's Day. Nothing cooking except the corned beef right now, although the cabbage and remaining parsnips and white turnips go into the pot soon. Dinner will be scrumptious.

One sad note, I did not find any Irish Soda Bread and I have the Kerrygold Butter ready to spread on it. Oh well, less carbs.

Enjoy the day, do not get too drunk.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: