Wednesday, September 12, 2018

A New Enemy On The Left

According to an article in the Washington Post, Levi Strauss & Co. has pledged one million dollars to combat gun violence and is throwing their support to Michael Bloomberg and his anti-RKBA campaign. According to the Post:

"The San Francisco-based retailer said last week it is pledging more than $1 million to support nonprofits and youth activists who are working to end gun violence. The company is also partnering with Michael Bloomberg to help create a coalition of business leaders who support gun control measures and encouraging employees to get involved in political causes."

Well I, for one, used to love Levi's dungarees (note I did not say jeans because jeans are for leftist wussies). They were my go to brand and I also used to purchase Dockers products (produced by Levi Strauss & Co.). I never knowingly will buy another pair of Levis or any other of their products; although, this latest move by Levi Strauss is not the only reason. I stopped buying Levi's dungarees years ago when they moved production to Mexico. This latest anti-American, pro-globalization, move by them has only helped to assure that, when I say I never will buy any of their products, the word NEVER is chiseled in granite. If there is any doubt that their move is pro-globalization and anti-Amerrican here is the way others are viewing this:

"... retailers are realizing they can afford to alienate some U.S. consumers as they look abroad for a bigger chunk of their growth." (Quote attributed to Peter Horst, founder of marketing consultancy CMO.) Well, Levi Strauss & Co. apparently has been doing just that as the article points out that:

"Levi Strauss, which also manufactures the brands Dockers and Denizen, made the bulk of its sales — 52 percent — outside the United States last year. Sales grew 13 percent in France, Germany, Mexico and the U.K., compared to 2 percent growth in the United States."

More at the source.

Note they made the bulk of their sales outside of the USA last year and apparently are evidently very willing to lose more US of their U.S. customer base and sales so long as those sales in other parts of the world increase and their profit is maintained. They seemingly do not give a damn about this country or her people.

If you own a gun, support our rights, liberties and Constitution, want to see 'Made in the USA' on our goods again r just hope to see our economy keep getting better - please consider ceasing to purchase any and all products produced by Levi Strauss & Co.. The way I look at it is that if you buy from them you are stabbing us and yourself in the back and doing a great disservice to the USA.

All the best,
Glenn B 

1 comment:

Glenn B said...

Certainly you jest, don't you? Are you trying to tell me that those 9 companies mentioned in that article produce the only American made denims and because of their ridiculous prices most Americans cannot afford dungarees or other denim clothing! Shop around a bit and you will find much more affordable American made denim products such as those produced by Texas Jeans (http://www.texasjeans.com/index.cfm). Their prices are quite reasonable in today's market as can be seen at this link: http://www.texasjeans.com/category.cfm?parent=men.

While I agree most of us are too fat, as am I, I do not agree that I cannot comfortably fit into dungarees, I would not wear the stove pipe fit ones. I have not worn them often in many years though because I have hip issues and the location of the back pockets has items in those pockets dig into my hips so now I wear pants more like BDUs. If I was about to buy any nowadays though, it would be from a company like Texas Jeans - dungarees by my preference ;>).

Another such company, that sells dungarees made in the USA is: all American Clothing Company (https://www.allamericanclothing.com/). They are higher priced than Texas Jeans but nowhere nearly as expensive as those designer jean companies in the article to which you linked.

If you thought you could not afford American made denim products take a look at Texas Dungarees - err, I meant Texas Jeans.

All the best,
Glenn B