Sunday, February 4, 2018

When Rodents Speak...

...or should that be squeak, and I hear it, I usually set the mouse traps. That is of course except on February 2 each year when I, like millions of others, pay attention to the predictions of the groundhogs. I like to hear what one in particular has to say, Punxsutawney Phil. This year I missed it altogether. It's no that I forgot it was Groundhog's Day on Friday but that I spent most of the day in bed sick as a dog and while I had meant to check on the little critter's prediction I just never got it done that day. Supposedly though, as I just read here, we can expect 6 more weeks of winter (as often is the case, the arsehat groundhog in the zoo on Staten Island in NYC disagrees). It's not like we should not have expected such being that winter does not end until latter end of March but I guess we almost all hope for an early spring.

All the best,
GB

No comments: