Friday, January 20, 2017

TEAM AMERICA

President Trump's acceptance speech was one of the most impressive that I have ever heard. His reference to the government going back to be one run by our citizens instead of by politicians who have enriched themselves at our expense while our nation has essentially crumbled was excellently put. If the people give him a chance I believe he will become one of the  greatest unifying factors in our history and only if we give him that chance can we become great again. I will note, he used the word "I" rather infrequently speaking more about us and the citizenry than himself getting things done.

One other thing I noticed, on which I feel compelled to comment, Bill Clinton seemingly was scowling as President Trump walked by him as the president left the dais. That and 70 or so democrats boycotting the inauguration does not bode well for unity. These leftists defy my understanding of my fellow citizens.

I think President Trump will need a lot of luck to establish unity among us with such dissenters and with that in mind I wish the best of luck to President Trump and Vice President Pence.

All the best,
Glenn B

1 comment:

Humble wife said...

I felt it was a powerful speech as well. Thus far he does seem like he is on track to hold up his promises. I am a skeptic after so many politicians but this time I do have hope.