Saturday, July 23, 2016

Windows 10 Upgrade Completed

Well, it seems as if this time, after almost exactly 2 hours of upgrade time, the upgrade to MS Windows 10 has taken hold and the old laptop seems to be working okay. Of course, I have not turned it off since the upgrade completed about 6 minutes or so ago - so who knows for sure if it will reboot as it should. I am keeping my fingers crossed but am pretty certain it is okay since none of what I am seeing now happened last time. last time it just crashed and would not reboot. Now to get used to all the new and apparently very intrusive operating system. One of the first things I will be doing is to turn off as many of the Windows 10 snooping applications that I can turn off. Then I have to figure out if I want to disable MS Edge and use only IE or if I want to keep Edge running.

All the best,
GB

No comments: