Tuesday, August 11, 2015

No Blogging As of Late...

...and the reasons are twofold. First we were up in NH at the 8th Annual Northeast bloggershoot over the weekend. The second is that I have been having problems with my laptop with it getting extremely hot, so much so that it feels as if it is about on the verge of a meltdown and I smell something burning. That problem has been intermittent but man it sure does get hot when it heats up. In fact, it gets hot enough to leave a first degree burn, like a sunburn, if you hold it at its upper left hand corner of the lower section for more than a second or if you actually have it sitting on your lap. It mostly gets that hot when playing a game, like Fallout - New Vegas but sometimes gets almost as hot just playing chess or solitaire. It can also get very, very hot when I am on the Internet, especially if I open a couple or few different sites at once. When I gets very hot, [programs slow down and some completely lock up for up to a minute or so. Last time this happened it did not get quite as hot and programs did not lock up but they had to replace a fan. This time they are telling me it could be a fan or the processor on the motherboard. Whatever, I have several days remaining in my warranty period - so it will be going in for repairs as soon as I get the shipping box and label from them. Cold have had it done at home with in home service but opted to send it to the factory because last time a tech person came here to repair it, let me simply say, he was a friendly moron I did not think he was as much in the know as he should have been so. 

Anyway, Ill try to post some later tonight or tomorrow and maybe will get some posting done with my phone while the laptop is being repaired.

And yes, we had fun at the bloggershoot; I will try to post on that before I send it in for repairs.

All the best,
GB
 

1 comment:

Z@X said...

I had one that had the exact same symptoms. The cooling fan(s) quit on mine.