Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Good Deal On 2015 BU Silver Eagles

I came across a decent deal on brilliant uncirculated 2015 Silver Eagles (U.S. $1.00 coins) from www.govmint.com for $17.95 each, limited to ten coins. I ordered them immediately, not as an investment so to speak but as a failsafe should the economy collapse. I have a small stash of silver coins to that end. My order came to $179.50 for the coins plus $14.95 for shipping for a total of $194.45

Here is why that is a good deal. Ten of the same coins are currently (as I type) selling for:

$217.40, including shipping, if purchased from Apmex.com using a credit card as payment.

$221.25, including shipping, if purchased with a credit card from Goldmart.com

$234.62, including shipping, if purchased from Kitco.com and a credit card was not an acceptable form of payment. Note that if  had decided to pay Kitco by one of those other forms of payment, I would have to pay by bank check/money order or by personal check or by bank wire. If I paid by bank check/money order there would be an additional fee at my bank, same for a bank wire (and that is a high fee) and if I paid by personal check I would have to wait for the check to clear before they would ship.

I paid govmint.com with my credit card yesterday and they shipped my order yesterday, the same day on which I placed it. As you can see the savings was more than enough to cover the cost of a single coin. I am not sure if their prices on these coins are competitive if you decide to buy from them other than under this offering but this specific deal is a good one in my opinion.

So, if you are preparing for the worst, or just a coin collector, it might be wise investment.

All the best,
Glenn B



 

No comments: