Saturday, March 7, 2015

Yesterday Was Lou Costello's Birthday...

...and any of my young readers are probably saying "Lou who". We old timers remember him though. Well, at least I remember his movie and show reruns anyway; I was 3 just under 3 1/2 years old when he died. I do remember though that he and his partner Bud Abbott made me laugh, and I laughed a lot at that. The world would have been a better place had he lived a longer life, he died at 53 from a heart attack; Abbott died at 74. If you ever want to see a funny movie - watch Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein, it is a classic.  If you want to get a quick taste of their routine, watch their shorts on YouTube. Here is just one example of how Abbott & Costello kept me laughing and in this one Lou wins:
 


All the best,
Glenn  B

1 comment:

skybill said...

Hi Glenn,
All ya'gotta' say is,"Who's on 'First'(Base)!!!!!" Bud and Lou's "Classic" on Baseball!!! 'First heard it on Barry "Dr. Dimento" Hansen's Radio show some years ago. 'Have it recorded along with a lot of other class pieces!! Anyway, "Who's on First!!"
Rememberin' When!,
II%,
skybill-out