Saturday, February 28, 2015

Take Action Against The Proposed M855 Ammo Ban

This has been going on for at least a couple of weeks now and I have seen some bloggers only begin to blog about the BATFE proposed M855 ammo ban yesterday or the day before. That got me a bit ticked off, then I thought - wow did I write about it already. In fact, yes I did, on February 13 and that was a relief to me. Folks, we need to be spreading the word and taking action now - we only have until March 16th to submit comments to BATFE.

Anyway, whether I blogged about it or not prior to today and whether or not others have spread the word as much as I think they should have been doing, I am going to once again let you know how you can help combat the proposed BATFE ban of 5.56x45mm M855 ammunition (which is by the way one of the most commonly purchased types of 5.56x45mm ammo).

What you can do is to contact the BATFE, your elected representatives, the vice president and president (and while I don't know about you I can say the last two are definitely not my elected representatives). To do so, use this link to the NRA/ILA:

https://www.nraila.org/take-action/write-your-lawmakers/stop-batfe/.

If you use the NRA/ILA link, they will send it to BATFE, the president, vice president, your senators and your congressional representative in the House. You fill in your info, hit enter and on the next page type or paste in a copy of your comments letter.You can write up your own comments in letter format or you can use a sample like this one:


Dear Sir or Madam:

I oppose an ATF ban on 5.56 M855 ball ammunition.

It has come to my attention that the ATF is seeking public input on a proposed ban on 5.56 M855 ball ammunition. I am contacting you today, to tell you I solidly oppose this ban.

Law-abiding American citizens have been using 5.56 ball ammunition for sporting purposes for decades, so this legislation appears to be a case of the government arriving at a solution for a problem that doesn’t exist.

Through this proposed ban, ATF disproportionately focuses on how criminals might use sporting ammunition in a handgun. Classifying criminals as a “consumer group” in the ATF’s white paper on this topic is also disturbing, as it further implies that the industry purposely sells firearms and ammunition to this element.

I urge the ATF to permanently drop the proposed ban of 5.56 M855 ball ammunition.

Sincerely,

Your Name, Title

Address
Phone
Email

If you prefer to write your own letter, the beolw link has a good number of talking points to mention in it:

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150218/your-action-urgently-needed-to-prevent-batfe-from-banning-common-rifle-ammunition

I urge you to take action to defeat this ban and this outrageous attack on our liberties and rights.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: