Thursday, December 4, 2014

Parental Fears

I just sent my son a text message. He probably will tell me, when I see him tonight, that I am an asshole because of what I sent him. Yet, I am pretty sure he will heed my advice - anyway I hope he does. You see, he works in Brooklyn in or very near to a predominantly low to mid-income African American neighborhood. Based on past events of a similar nature, I would guess that there will be protests there over the Eric Garner grand jury decision not to indict the NYPD cop for the killing of Mr. Garner. There may also be violent riots or incidents. There is a good chance that if there is violence, it will be racially motivated and will be against whites; again that is based on past events of a similar nature. I hope that trouble does not come his way but if it does - I just gave him some advice on how to avoid trouble - I hope he takes it.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: