Thursday, September 25, 2014

She's Gone

Our mom passed last night, she had a major stroke the night before. I got the call from my sister just after midnight and was at the hospital by about 1AM. My sister joined me there and we spent the night and all day yesterday at the hospital with her. Marlene (who was the health care proxy) finally was able to get her transferred to a hospice, I am guessing that was sometime between 530-6PM. Shortly after, I persuaded Marlene to go home since she had a much longer ride than me and she needed to pick up her son who has been feeling under the weather lately; anyway she was pooped. I stayed at the hospice with my mom planning to stay another half hour or hour there. Not five or ten minutes after Marlene took off for home, our mom passed, better my sister did not have to be there right then. I called her and it was right back to the hospice for her so she could take care of the responsibilities there. For my mom - at least it was not prolonged or painful. Our mom led a long eventful life and will dance a polka through the afterlife. She would have been 90 this coming Christmas. Just as she had three children (our brother passed two years ago) she has three grandchildren to carry on, my daughter and son and Marlene's son.

All the best,
Glenn B

2 comments:

Phil said...

My sincere condolences.
There really aren't any words that can make any difference right now but I know the pain, the sense of loss.

My best to you.

Peter said...

May she rest in peace. I'm sorry for your loss