Tuesday, April 15, 2014

TAX DAY SUCKS...

...especially this year since I owe the feds a lot. Lost my son as a dependent because of age and how much he earned, lost his college credit, earned a small amount from a part time job and my wife earned a little more than the previous year. The end result was that instead of owing about $600 like last year, we owe just under 5K this year. As for the state, I overestimated what I had to pay in estimated tax so I will get some of that back.

I would not be so bad if the following sentiment wasn't so true:

 
Actually, I guess it is not that true since the government gives away plenty of our tax money to those who do not work at all but you get the idea.
 
After I submit my taxes, I have to do another vile anti-American thing that is going to make today much more miserable for me. Today is the deadline to register so called assault weapons under the NY SAFE Act.
 
All the best,
Glenn B

1 comment:

Humble wife said...

tax day...paying an insurance tax is another horror.


I wonder when America will wake up.

5-7 million lost insurance. 15 -20 million did not have insurance. Govt. fake stats say 3 -6 million insured. So 17-21 million folks will be paying this too.

Hmm.