Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Tasty Goodness - 500 Feeder Roaches Coming My Way

Yep, I have an order of 500 Blaptica dubia roaches  crawling being delivered to my house tomorrow. Mm-mmmm, tasty goodness. They grow up to about 2 inches long, are really meaty, are not too chitinous and have just the right amount of crunch. I cannot wait until they arrive because I am looking forward, ever so much, to getting a really nutritious meal into my belly 
Bearded Dragons and Crested Geckos.

My order will consist of all nymphs. No, not nymphos but young roaches, each ranging in size from 1/4 to 1/2 inch long. Within  about another two to four months, they should be adult sized. By that time, I figure to be rid of most of them and be left with just enough adults to make up my second breeding colony. Yes that does mean I already have  breeding colony going but I want to augment that one with some fresh meat.

The lizards love them but I was wondering how they would go down, with a beer, after frying them in a pan with bacon.

All the best,
Glenn  B

No comments: