Saturday, December 15, 2012

Is Evil Caused by The Devil

I believe in evil but in none of the figures that many believe allow it to take place. Evil was, has been, is and will be caused by human beings and not by imps, demons, the Devil, Satan, Lucifer or any other such excuses for humanity's failings. Mankind is the only force behind it, let's put the blame squarely where it belongs. If you want to bring religion into it, then I would blame God since he created evil (as the creator of all things) and allows it to continue and has allowed it to continue ever since the creation of mankind if not before with the creation of Lucifer. (I am sure others in other religions believe in other causes of evil than the devil but I use that one as an example because of my Catholic upbringing; to me they are all the same - just excuses for our actions.)

I believe that evil is caused by mankind and nothing else. I have never seen a devil, an imp, Satan, or anything like them sitting on any one's shoulder tempting anyone to to do bad or evil things and I have seen more than my share of evil people being evil and doing evil things. To say that the devil made someone do it is, to me, just the same as saying God made someone do it because God created and tolerates the devil or otherwise is helpless to overcome evil. I believe that evil is bred, born and nurtured by mankind within mankind with no help needed or ever given from outside forces and that evildoers should never be given an excuse for their evil acts by way of saying that, in essence, the devil made them do it. The responsibility and the causes of evil are all squarely on the shoulders of the evil doers because they have chosen to do evil. Mankind needs no outside forces to do evil and we need to admit that if we ever truly want to get a handle on it.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: