Thursday, August 16, 2012

Finally Ordered A New Computer

Now that my pension checks are coming in the full(?) amount, I went ahead an shopped around for a new computer. I had been debating a laptop or a desktop and decided on the laptop because I like the portability of them and that far outweighed the power capabilities of a larger desktop for what I will mostly be doing with the laptop. Still, I did not by a wimp laptop but got one of mid range power for a laptop. It is an HP dv7t Quad Ed. It is equipped with:

• Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
• 3rd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM Processor (2.3 GHz, 6MB L3 Cache)
• NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GT 650M Graphics with 2GB GDDR5 memory [HDMI, VGA]
• 12GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
• 750GB 7200 rpm Hybrid Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
• Microsoft Office Home Student 2010 + Adobe Acrobat X Standard
• 6 cell + 9 cell Lithium Ion Battery
• 17.3-inch diagonal Full HD Anti-glare LED-backlit Display (1920 x 1080)
• Blu-ray player & SuperMulti DVD burner
• HP TrueVision HD Webcam
• 802.11b/g/n WLAN
• Backlit Keyboard with numeric keypad


Since HP offered a one year interest free payment plan, I opted for that way to pay. That will make it somewhat easier on the retirement finances.

I figure this laptop will have enough power to do some gaming, I hope so anyway. I have not played games on a PC for a long time but would like to get some sci-fi action/shooter type games for it. Something along the lines of Doom (a dead giveaway clue that I have not played PC games in a long while). Maybe Crysis, if the system can handle it. If not, then just blogging, doing photo editing for the blog, web surfing, and maybe some milder games.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: