Saturday, June 23, 2012

Bombina Must Be The Rage In Europe This Year

Blog pages of mine that seem to consistently get the most visits are now my home blog page and those that deal with certain guns. The write up that I did on the Marlin 336, with embedded disassembly and assembly videos is one that gets a lot of views.

For some reason though, over the past 2.5 to 3 weeks or so, I have noticed one of my pages, dealing with a very different subject (or at least I hope people think it very different from ones dealing with guns and ammo), has been getting a lot of attention primarily from Europe but some from Asia too. I figure it is getting at least 3 to 4 unique visits, and even more page views, per day and from at least 10 different countries by now. That may not seem like a lot to you but it certainly was noticeable to me because the page, while looked at in the past, has not been anywhere nearly as popular, as it has been of late, since I wrote it back in August 2010 almost 2 years ago.

About the only reasonable explanation I can give, for its increased popularity now, is that I suspect that the subject I wrote about has become an even more popular one abroad than it had been in the past. The subject was Bombina orientalis, commonly called the Fire Bellied Toad. Remember, I said above that I hope people are looking for something very different in it than even something remotely to do with guns and ammo. The reason I said that is because of the frog's scientific name. I am hopeful that the folks who have visited the site have not been looking for information on bombs or bombing plots and also hope they do not think that the word Bombina has something to do with that subject, a subject that could easily be associated with guns and ammo. As I also said though, the reasonable explanation would be that this frog is increasing in its popularity as a pet in Europe and parts of Asia and I'll leave it at that for now, at least until an exploding frog lands on my lily pad.

Well, there is one last thing. I would certainly appreciate it if one of the people in Europe who reads this post could confirm whether or not Bombina orientalis has risen in popularity as a pet in Europe this year. Thanks.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: