Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Another Bee Gee Dead - Why All The Fuss?

DISCO SUCKED, still does.

As for the Bee Gees, they were, in my opinion, among the most obnoxiously arrogant bums I have ever had the displeasure of meeting. I dealt with them during their stay at a hotel in NY. That was, as best I can recall in the late summer or early fall of 1979, when I was working as a house dick in a high end hotel in Manhattan. (I actually remember the year and time of year because that is where I was working when I was called for my career starting job in the Border Patrol.) As I remember, I thought that they were extremely rude, crude, completely arrogant scumbags who showed so much disrespect for their fans who had assembled there as for it to be a mystery to me as to why they were so popular. Frank Zappa, whom I recall also stayed at the same hotel, is in my memory as an absolute gentleman. Go figure, the stage persona of each seemingly did not match the reality with either the Bee Gees or Zappa.

Of course, mine was a brief set of encounters with each but that was more than enough for me with regard to the Bee Gees.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: