Friday, May 11, 2012

The Aching Back

As good an excuse as any to call it quits working in the garden and on the lawn. Got less done on the lawn than I thought I would but I have learned enough over the years, by my age and with my past afflictions, to take it easy if the back or other things start to act up. The back is truly aching and I therefore have had enough. I will continue tomorrow or Sunday and yes I realize Sunday is mother's day. What better a present to give to the mother of my children than that I do some work around the house and yard for a change. Yep, she will get a nice gift too. 'll also take out a few hours to go see my mom on Sunday but not too many that I cannot get some work done. A couple of hours at it should get most of the front lawn done. Thing is I can only go at it about 45 minutes to an hour at a time, then have to take about a half hour break, then get back to it for another 45 minutes to an hour. It is taking more time than I had thought it should but I am keeping at it and getting some fair amount of exercise while I do it. I hope it will all have been worth it, by which I mean to say, I hope that I get the lawn to look like a lawn instead of a weed patch.

Oh well, today I got more of the lawn torn out in front of the house, mowed the back lawn, weeded my vegetable garden, piled all the weeds and grass cuttings onto the compost heap, planted new plants in the vegetable garden, cleaned up and bagged a pile of twigs from our backyard, conveniently forgot to clean up the dog doo, washed to sink loads full of dishes, unclogged the basement slop-sink's drain and blogged in between. I still have to vacuum the basement/man-cave so it is clean for my uncle when he arrives tomorrow (more to make the wife happy than to make my uncle happy, you can be sure). After that, I am pretty much free and clear and may get to go fishing tonight if the Aleve, that I am about swallow, takes the edge off of my aching back.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: