Saturday, April 7, 2012

NAKED Recreation: Just When I Thought I Had Seen It All...

...I find this link. My goodness, how could I have been missing this organization throughout my whole life?

http://www.aanr.com/

I guess it is okay for some folks, but the whole idea of going for walks through the woods in the buff, or fishing on a party fishing boat with all those hooks-a-dangling, or hiking a trail in the very cactus filled Sonoran Desert, or hunting without wearing a stitch in November, or falling asleep in a lounge chair poolside while in the raw just kind of creeps me out. Why is that? Well, I have already been sunburned on parts on which the sun should never shine long enough to require you to wear sunblock down there. I fell asleep on a beach at summer camp and my shorts either were pulled down by a prankster or worked their way down. Maybe it was because, in my sleep, I scratched areas that had poison ivy. What can I say, over the three prior days, before passing out at the beach, we  campers were on a hike and had to wee in the woods and fields and I did not pay attention to where I was going. I paid for it. Oh yes, I paid with the  pain of being burned like a lobster over my popping and oozing poison ivy blisters on my never again to be seen in public parts. But I learned a lesson that I have never forgotten. So as I said, nude beaches and clubs like these nudie deals are not for me unless I can just be an observer...

All the best,
Glenn B

1 comment:

Humble wife said...

Clearly you and I share similar complexions. I cannot imagine walking on my farm past the acre around the house in shorts...forget the buff, as the thorns would destroy me!!My kids laugh at me though, as I pink, pale, and turn red in the summer!!