Thursday, November 11, 2010

Soldiers' Holiday Care Packages - Update 11/11/2010

As you are aware the first package went out awhile back, I think it was on October 30th. I have not received any confirmation that it was received nor have I received a return to the emails I sent to my assigned soldier. This is the first time a soldier has not replied to me. Maybe he does not have email available to him right now, if not I trust he will send me a letter letting me know the package was received. Hopefully all is well with him. If I hear from him, I will let you know.

I have some items for the second package together. It mostly consists of snacks but there are also two boxes of 8 cigars each going into this care package. I don't know the size of Mike's unit but I am hopeful that 16 cigars will be enough to allow everyone in his unit to get at least one. Five cent cigars these are not, I think the total for 18 of them was almost $60. I hope I picked good ones, they are a maduro (dark wrapper) type. Cigars I have sent in the past have always been a big hit. These may make it in time for Thanksgiving; I will try to mail the package out tomorrow (post office is closed today). When I mail out the package, I will post a listing of all of its contents as usual.

All the best,
Glenn B.

No comments: