Sunday, July 18, 2010

Gone Fishing Again...

...and the boat, for the 7AM trip this morning, was so full already at 6:35 when I got there, that I decided to turn around and head home. Usually, I would be there earlier but as luck would have it I had a pretty sound sleep last night and my body and soul, both being so unused to that, did not want to wake up this morning. I awakened at 6:04 though and got going right away, I was out of the house by 6:08. With absolutely no traffic to speak of the ride went quickly and I got there by 6:35. The boat was already packed with fishermen - or people who imagine they are fishermen anyway. Had I gotten there earlier I could have easily found a spot on the rail in the stern, my preference - but not today since I was so late. Something good came of being late though in that I decided this was not the day for me to go fishing. There is just something about standing crammed shoulder to shoulder with 40 or 50 other fishermen that is just not conducive to a fun or productive day of fishing especially when the fish start biting and the lines start tangling or the hooks start snagging. So I'll take a pass until I can go on a weekday or take a night trip - both of which will probably be less crowded. If I am going to spend $50 or $60 for a day of fishing, I may as well enjoy my day. Today, I'll find another way to enjoy it.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: