Saturday, June 19, 2010

Ballseye’s Gun Shots 72 - New York State Rifle & Pistol Association

I am now a card carrying LIFE member of the NYSR&PA. Used to be that I paid dues every year, been doing that for maybe 4 or 5 or 6 years now. Last week I realized that once you hit 55 you can get a life membership at only $200. I will hit the double nickels later this year and asked them if they would allow me the reduced life member rate now. They did. Now I have to figure out how to scrounge up an extra $200 in light of my soon to be due hospital, doctor and anesthesia bills for my recent surgery that I somehow managed not to think about when spending on other things lately, other things like this membership. Those bills will amount to well over a grand with insurance taking care of the rest. I guess I won't be buying any new guns for awhile, so maybe I should be happy I just got a couple (well one keeper and one I am sending back). I suppose if I take a refund on that gun - the one going back - there will be the $200 I need for the life membership and a few bucks left over for some ammo for the gun I am keeping. It will work out somehow, otherwise I will just pay the medical bills in installments. At least I will pay as opposed to some illegal alien who might very well just get sewn up and run back across the border.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: