Sunday, March 7, 2010

Went Out To Grab a Bite...

...to eat over at the Turf Accountant Irish Pub. It was drizzling lightly when I left and I had the thought I ought to go back and grab my boonie hat but did not do it. I had a very delicious steak sandwich with sauteed onions and tomatoes (yes the tomatoes were sauteed too at my request) with a side of fries. Great meal, excellent service, I have not gotten anything otherwise at this place yet. No booze tonight. I had enough on Friday night to last a week so I am taking it easy but I will say they have a darned good selection of it and excellent service at the bar too.

Once I finished up and headed outside I had the passing thought of heading over to the movie theater at the Arizona Center after eating, but as luck would have it, it started pouring out just after I left the pub. So, I headed to my apartment instead. I got about two blocks from the Turf, then it started to really pour, as in buckets. By the time I had walked the few blocks to my apartment, I was soaked. This was definitely the heaviest downpour I have seen here in Phoenix while on this trip. Seems to be primarily a Sunday thing as of late - it has rained for the last three Sundays in a row. I guess I'll just have to download something from Netflix and I'll have to remember to keep that boonie rolled up in my pocket on Sundays.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: