Sunday, February 21, 2010

12 Gauge Slug Ammo and Walmart

I do not like shopping at Walmart but sometimes find myself therein looking for what I need. Today I did just that and I happened to come a cross a pretty good deal on something I did not expect to buy.

They had Winchester Super-X 12 gauge 2 3/4" shotgun shells going for $3.17 per box of five. I have not seen 2 3/4" 12 gauge slugs going for less than $4.00 per box in store and not below $3.77 online (that was at http://sportsmansguide.com/ with a club member discount and did not include shipping). Of course I had to pay tax so it wound up being a bit more but not much. I bought a few boxes. I need to sight in my issued Remington 870. The rear sight came loose recently and while I got it back on okay and just qualified with it, I shot a few inches low at 25 yards. Could have been me, could have been the sights need adjusting. So, I'll take it to the range, probably next weekend and fire a bunch of rounds through it until it is shooting pretty much dead center.

If you are in the Phoenix area and want a good deal on those shells visit the Walmart on Bethany Home Road and about 15th Avenue; who knows all Walmarts may have them at the same price.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: