Thursday, November 5, 2009

Go Phillies...

...was heard roaring out of my mouth a few times in my office yesterday. I was not rooting for the Philles, I am not a fan of theirs, not a fan of baseball at that. Yet, when It comes time for the World Series, and when the Yankees are in it, I suppose I, like most other New Yorkers, even those of us who dislike baseball, wish them well and hope they win. So while I'll admit I was razzing the die hard Yankees fans in my office with those shouts of Go Phillies, I have to point out I was also wishing the Yankees well at the same time. I mean - when you think of it - what better way is there to wish the Yankees well than to tell the other team to go away. And so, the Yankees have again won the ultimate in baseball and have again sent another team home dragging their bats behind them. Once again though I did not even watch 5 seconds of any game. Baseball just doesn't do it for me but as I said, the Yankees winning is kind of nice just because I am a New Yorker.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: