Friday, January 23, 2009

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

I am sitting here listening the Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers Greatest Hits CD and I find myself wondering why I never saw them in concert in my younger years. I suppose it was because I went into Law Enforcement in 1979, and that kind of put the kibosh on going to concerts. Yeah I still went to some, but when I moved back to NY from California in the early eighties I soon realized that my job and rock concerts did not necessarily mix. Simply put I did not want to light up like a Christmas Tree had I been given a urine test for drugs at work. Just being at something like a concert probably would have exposed me to enough second hand smoke in the air to make me test positive for a year. That's too bad for me, I sure missed some good live performances from what I can gather by listening to them on disc.


Oh well, thank goodness for technology, I can listen to them as I please - and man are they ever so good.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: