Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Gun And Ammo Order Blues

I am having little luck with orders I have placed for guns and ammo lately. First off I ordered a Yugo SKS in new condition from SAMCO last Tuesday night. Then I ordered 500 rounds of 7.62x39 HP, and 500 rounds of 7.62x39 SP from Sportsmansguide.com. The next day i realized I had lost my credit card, the one with which I had placed both orders. Luckily, or so I thought at the time, the credit card was charged for the ammo right away. As for the Yugo SKS, well SAMCO did not charge my card at the time, I suppose waiting until they processed my order.

I called SAMCO last Thursday to say I wanted to give them a different credit card number. They said wait until Monday, and to send an email. I sent them an email. They replied by Friday saying they would call me back this week to take care of the order. No one called yesterday. I called them today. They found my order, and told me they changed the card info. I asked when my order would go out and was told in another 7 to 10 days! I asked why so long and they said it was as if I had just placed my order today. The lady said maybe she could get it expedited. No one else was available, but I will call again tomorrow to see if things can get sped up.

I also saw today, when I checked my Sportsmansguide order status, that the delivery was set today for the ammo. According to the UPS tracking it was on the delivery truck by about 5:50 AM. Funny, it did not get delivered until between 1630 and 1700 (4:30PM and 5:00PM). I checked the box before letting the uPS guy leave to count the boxes of ammo, all were there this time. last time they delivered to me a few boxes of ammo were missing - apparently pilfered by someone who had cut a fine opening in the package then sealed over it to make it look as good as new. Too bad I did not look closer at the ammo boxes. Yes they were all full, but the thing is it was not the correct ammo. I ordered 500 rounds of Wolf 7.62x39 154 gr. SP and 500 rounds of Wolf 122 gr. HP. I received the HP ammo, but in the place of the SP ammo I found FMJ. I just sent an email to Sportsmansguide.com about that. They have a policy of no ammo returns, but they had best accept a return on this since I did not order what they sent to me. Hopefully they will make it right pronto, and hopefully SAMCO will send the SKS promptly so I have something out of which to shoot it all.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: