Saturday, February 2, 2008

What Caliber For Groundhog?

Okay, so its Groundhog Day. Yeah I know, I wrote a nice piece about it earlier, but I was just over at The High Road, and someone brought up the fact that no one had psoted a thread asking "Which Caliber For Groundhog" today. I thought that was rather an interesting subject. So which caliber would you choose if hunting the elusive, and oft times hard to kill (see the movie Caddy Shack), groundhog?

As for me, I'd probably use a rifle in .22WMR caliber. Sure it means you have to get prtetty close, but if you can get in with 50-75 yards, you should have a good chance at a kill shot.

Once you decide how to kill it, one other question arises - how to cook it!


Now that I have added the picture of my wife with a scoped Marlin 25MN, let me just add: wouldn't it be wonderful if I could get her to shoot them, clean them and cook them. As it is I only ever got her to the range once; but she is one heck of a great cook.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: