Monday, February 25, 2008

Monday Night Already...

...where in Hades did Sunday go? Well I spent some of yesterday finalizing my taxes, and trying to get my daughter's taxes done. Alas she complained when I claimed her as a dependent, as was my right to do, we had an argument, the wife chimed in on her side, we had more of an argument, and I stopped doing the taxes.

Today I had to see my doc for some bad aches and pains and other things that have been bothering me for the past month and a half; for some reason they were worse this morning - go figure. Doc says: "Maybe a virus" - when have I heard that catch all before? Then I went home to finalize my taxes; this time one dependent less. In all I had to pay $2,799 for state and federal combined. A bit less than I previously had thought which was $3,008. Well that is over and done with, and paid for electronically, or will be once the feds and state approve my tax filings. After getting the taxes done I was back at the doc's office for a echo-cardiogram or sonogram of the heart. Just testing she had told told me in the earlier visit of today, but best to get it done today based on my symptoms of the past month and a half (funny how she had not mentioned the EKG she took that morning). When I got there a technician took the sonogram, not my doc. Did not even see the doc again.
Tomorrow is another day. I will be off to the cardiologist for a stress test. Oh well, as I have been heard to say: Another day in Paradise"!

(The above has been abridged, content was removed that was too personal. If you read it already, oh well...)

All the best,
Glenn B

1 comment:

MightyMom said...

oh that's terrible news!

I"m really sorry to hear it.

Well, the hopeless romantic in me says it ain't over till it's over, the papers are signed and the fat lady sung (which can take a long time)....but I know that's not always the case.

sorry man.