Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Whoops, I Missed National Ammo Day...

...but that is not as bad as it sounds because it is also National Ammo Week! National Ammo Day was a concept thought up by my arch nemesis fellow gun enthusiast and blogger Kim du Toit. While I do not see eye to eye with Mr. du Toit over some personal flap we had, yes there is apparently bad blood between us, I do agree with him on a number of patriotic, political, and moral issues. One of the things we have most in common, despite a heated personal dislike for each other some rather petty personal disagreements, is our love for the Right To Keep And Bear Arms, and all that goes with it. In that regard he had a brainchild some years back, I think 5 or 6 years ago now, for National Ammo Day. Basically this day, or I should say November 19th of each year, was set aside for gun owners, or anyone who supports our right to keep and bear arms (RKBA), to go out to buy at least 100 rounds of ammunition, preferably from a local gun shop, but a sporting goods store, or hardware shop will do. Within a couple or few years of its conception, National Ammo Day was expanded to National Ammo Week, I guess to give forgetful slugs like me a chance to buy some ammo and support my local gun merchants. The idea is to show support for our RKBA, and for our local gun shops, through your purchases. The day has blossomed in a huge success from what I can gather, and it can only become even more successful if we get more folks to participate. If you are reading this, and you believe our RKBA should be supported, then please do your part this week (if you have not already done so); and go out to buy at least 100 rounds of ammo. In addition, if you have not done so already, please spread the word on your own website. Thanks.



All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: