Sunday, July 8, 2007

Saturday was a tough one....

...even though I slept on and off for most of the day. When I got home on Friday from my friend's funeral, I guess my wife thought I had been drinking too much because I went to lay down and took a nap. Truth was I had had two budwipers at the luncheon the family held after the funeral; nowhere near enough to get me sloshed or even tired, especially since I had them at least 3 hours before I drove home. No, I was just down and out, and needed some rest because I did not sleep well the night before. Then on Friday night, I did not get to sleep until about 0500 (as in 5 AM) on Saturday morning. Just insomnia, which stinks big time. So instead of doing chores on Saturday, I slept on and off all day long. Guess what, now I cannot slept tonight/this morning. It is 0200, and here I sit writing because I got bored watching old movies. Of course my wife was mad at me all day Saturday from what I could tell while I was up in between naps. I guess now she thinks even more that I was drunk on Friday and probably thinks I was hung over all day Saturday. Hard to tell what she was thinking though because she apparently was not talking to me.

Oh well life goes on. I have to be up and at em at 0600 Sunday (later this morning) and I wonder if I'll get any sleep before then; probably not since I took 2 sleeping pills at about 10PM, slept for an hour and a half and have been up ever since. Insomnia is bad when the prescription sleeping pills you have don't work. If I can stay up all day on Sunday, my guess is I'll sleep like a baby Sunday night. Lots of coffee for me today.

All the best,
Glenn B

1 comment:

jennifer said...

Glenn I hope you get some sleep, I think that it is a result of the emotions of someone young that died(albeit you explained the early lifestyle he had).

It is amazing the older we get the younger our age is!

I think that it will be OK after a few days of reflective time!

Take care,
Jennifer