Sunday, June 17, 2007

Washing Machine Blues part 2

So far today I had the joy of having our new GE Profile washing machine delivered right on time (actually right at the first minute of the 2 hour time span they gave us in which to expect delivery), had nice, courteous, and careful deliverymen; then after they had left I found out the new washing machine probably does not drain properly, which is one of the reasons we got rid of the old one. Seems to be an awful lot of water left under the wash basket once the cycle is over. I thought there may have been a problem when I heard what sounded like truly weird noises coming from what I supposed was the drain pump. Oh well, it maybe going back to Sears soon I think, or at lest they will have to send someone to check it out. If we do not feel comfortable with it, they have a wonderful 90 satisfaction guarantee. In that case, we will just order another one and hope for the best.

As for the 5 year extended warranty we bought, that will go back for a refund first thing tomorrow. Sears sold us a 5 year plan for about $259, about half the cost of the washer. GE offers up to a three year plan and it is only $110, and it kicks in after the 1st year regular warranty expires, not from day one as I believe does the extended Sears warranty. You do the math, I'll go with the GE extended warranty.

Now to rearrange all the things I moved down in the basement, so we can get around again down there. I guess I'll have to move them back into place, then take them out again, once Sears comes to bring us a new washer. A royal pain in the behind, but life goes on, and breakfast is almost done. Mmm, that bacon sure smells good, and gives me something to look forward to on this father's day.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: