Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Tunes for the day...

...actually arrived yestersay in the mail, but I only opened them today. I just started to listen to the first one I grabbed. The Doors Waiting For The Sun; I think it to be one of the best albums at least done by The Doors. They just did not get much better than this one - no one did for that matter.

All in all, this time around, I got myself 6 CD's. Most of what I buy are time pieces, that is albums based on my youthful years way back when. I never had a big selection back then of albums, by my CED collection is growing slowly but surely. I would guess I have about 80 to 90 or maybe 100 by now. As it turns out, most of the music I like very much is from back then, but certainly not all of it (back then would be the late 60s, through the seventies, maybe abit into the 80s. Keeping with that these are the other CD's I just picked up:

Blue Oyster Cult - Agents Of Fortune

Joe Cocker - Ultimate Colection

The Doors - Watiting For The Sun

The Moody Blues - Days Of Future Passed

The New Riders Of The Purple Sage - The Best of...

A more contemporary work I also received in the same order was:

Kelly Clarkson - Breakaway

Thanks to my having joined a music club, I will be listening to good tunes all day today. The BMG Musisc Service membership is a pretty good deal, and I have pretty much bought almost all of my CDs through them over about the past 4 years or so. Mind you, they are only really a good deal when you can get album/CDs on sale at a great price, with free shipping, or when you get the CDs at a lowball price with shipping added. These 6 CD's cost me about $39.00. So about $6.50 each with shipping and tax included. I don't think I could get anywhere close at my local CD joint.

Oh well, so much for the blog, I have to pay attention to Spanish Caravan which at 2:58 is way too short. Then maybe a little Joe Cocker, followed by Kelly Clarkson - all before dinner...

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: