Sunday, December 24, 2006

Before I hit the hay, let me say: Merry Christmas

I just finished wrappng the last of the presents, a few little ones and one pretty hefty one. I can tell you that lugging the weight bench in from the garage to the cellar, where I planned to assemble it, was almost hernia producing as it slipped when I tried to take it down the stairs. Once down there, I opened the box to assemble the bench, but when I read the directions I saw it requires some wrenches in sizes I do not have. So back up the stairs it went to lie in its box next to the Christmas tree where I draped a piece of wrapping paper over it (why waste the paper trying to wrap a box that big)! I would have had my son help me with it earlier, except of course since it is for him. That was it; so then I boomed out a hearty Ho-Ho-Ho (as I do each Christmas in the early AM, yes it is Christmas here already).

All done, I decided to pour myself a nightcap in the form of a dollop of Glenlivet on the rock (one big ice cube, so no not on the rocks). I am enjoying that between keystrokes right now. I needed it, and I do not usually say I needed a drink. It was a long but pretty nice day with the wife's mom and brothers over; and we also had three family friends over too, plus my daughter's boyfriend. Great food, lots of holiday cheerfulness, and a little holiday tension, but nothing major.

Today was the first Christmas Eve on which I did not go shopping in memory for many years. I cannot remember not shopping on Christmas Eve ever since I was about 8 or 9 years old or so. Oh well, I will resume the tradition next year.

I guess that is it for now, except to say again:

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL, whoever you are, I hope you enjoy a merry day today.

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: