Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Kind of a crazy week for me...

...so far; so I can only hope it gets a little better over the next few remaining days. Of course with tomorrow being Thanksgiving, it promises to be much better indeed.

On Monday, I had Verizon in my home from about 1030AM until about 6PM, installing my Verizon FIOS Internet, television service, and phone lines. The installer was very personable, did his work neatly, and kept at it all day without a lunch break. I guess he did a fair to good job except for the fact that the Internet service was not working at all well once he left, and all of a sudden there was a virus on my PC.

That got me pretty po'd, and I was on the phone most of that night - on hold, and the next day - also on hold, with Verizon types to try to get the problem solved, then in anger to have them shut off my service and get my old service back. I got either hung up on or cut off so many times I lost count, and that was when I was not even angry yet, so I was talking nicely to them, at least until yesterday morning.

As it turned out, someone caled me yesterday afternoon and I got back to their tech service folks, and the guy I spoke to actually knew how to solve the problems I was encountering. I can only hope the expeience gets better since I decided to keep them; after all I had already had all my other service providers disconnect their services to me. Time will tell.

All that did not leave me much time to blog, in fact it left none. Oh well, I have some time now so let me get to looking for some good topics to rant on about. See the next blog that I post for more...

All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: