Wednesday, November 22, 2006

It was 43 years ago today...

... that the conspiracy theorists began to play, they have been going in and out of their minds, but I think they just need a kick in their behinds. JFK is dead, it seems apparent, unless there is some super seKrit basement, in which super seKrit documents and evidence are kept, that we will never know with absolute certainty whether or not Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone when he squeezed (note I did not say pulled if only because with shots like that I am sure he squeezed) the trigger and brought John Fitzgerald Kennedy's life to an end.

While I think remembrance of JFK is in order, and it sure seems not much of that is being done by our politicians, news media, or people in general - I also think it is ridiculous to keep going with all the conspiracy and solo shooter theories unless something, some evidence, some hard cold fact, come to light of which we were not previously aware. Until that time folks, give it a break, and remember President Kennedy for whom he was and what he did. As I think of his politics and policies, I will change what I had written here minutes ago (only so as not to have anyone mistakenly think I am being disrespectful), to just say I disagreed with most of them. Regardless of my beliefs about him and his politics, he was our president, he was our commander and chief, he was the leader of our nation during trying times in the Cold War, the Vietnam War, the Civil Rights Movement, and other things; and he was assassinated while doing his job as our leader. I respect his memory even though I disagreed with much of what he did and stood for; but yes I did respect him and still respect his memory. Remember him with respect whether or not you agreed with his politics, he was our president, and he deserves our respect for that alone.

Best regards,
Glenn B

No comments: