Wednesday, October 23, 2024

Gunbroker. com Is Getting Tedious

I am getting pretty fed up with the absolute bullshit one has to go through to sign onto their site. The latest pain in the neck, as of my third time logging into their site today (was not required the first two times so must be brand spanking new) is that they now require an access code that they send to the site user in an email so you can sign on. They also require you to attest that you are 18 or older - wake up Gunbroker, I have an account with you - you already know how old am I (and know likewise for the rest of your users I think) and I do not live in Commiefornia - so tell the state of California and Governor Newscum to shove that requirement where the sun does not shine when it comes to U.S. citizens outside of that shithole of a state. Then there is checking off the box as to whether or not one accepts cookies or not - damn it, just put a notice on your site that signing on means you agree to that like the notification that comes up on my blog if viewed in Europe. 
 
Yeah, I know,it is like this on most websites. The thing is - it is long past time for those affected by these ridiculous rules to stand up against them. Companies owning websites can certainly come up with better security than requiring user verification codes. State laws should NEVER affect everyone in the nation - only state residents of the state enacting the law or people visiting those states but even ridiculous laws like CA's age verification for firearms related site should be obliterated as a violation of the first amendment. The cookie thing is totally ludicrous; who that owns or users a computer does not know that cookies are used nor how to get them off of you computer with applications like CCleaner??? What do sites like GunBroker do instead of fighting these ridiculous requirements, they bow down and kiss the governments arse. No wonder we are losing our liberties & rights left and right.
 
Now, I admit, I will keep using GunBroker because I know of no better website on which to sell guns but mind you, I will contact GunBroker and express my disappointment with the policies of theirs that I just mentioned. Hopefully so will others - enough of us to get rid some of this absolute BS.
 
All the best,
Glenn B

No comments: